The goal of the M.Sc. Early Childhood Research is to provide students with an introduction to international research in the field of early childhood development. Graduates of this research master's degree are able to take up a doctorate in research institutions and universities in the field of early childhood development. To this end, the M.Sc. Early Childhood Research teaches theories, the latest research findings, research methods and statistical analysis procedures in the field of early childhood development.
Application for the Master's program in Early Childhood Research is possible again from April 2021.
You would like to apply for our master's degree program "Early Childhood Research"? Here you will find all important information.
The selection of applicants for the Master’s program Early Childhood Research is based on the following documents (required):
- Certificate of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in German or English (including Transcript of Records), or evidence that graduation can be achieved before commencing Master’s program.
- Proof of proficiency in English at least at C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, issued in German or English (except for English native speakers)
- University entrance qualification certificate, subject related/vocational qualification university entrance certificate, or a state or legally recognized equivalent or other state recognized equivalent issued in German or English.
- Personal statement including a detailed written explanation for choice of Master’s program in English
- Evidence of knowledge in research methods and statistics in English or German, e.g. credits in university courses (please attach the respective module descriptions), written empirical coursework (please attach)
- CV in tabular form in English
- If applicable, please include any further documentation of extra curricular activities relevant to the Master’s program, e.g. regarding a former vocational training, voluntary internships, or related activities in English or German
Please note that we can only accept complete application documents.
Frequently asked questions about the study programme
Here you can find frequently asked questions about the application for the Master's programme "Early Childhood Research". If you have any further questions regarding the application, please feel free to contact the respective contact person by e-mail.
Proof of knowledge of English at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required. This corresponds to a score of at least 7 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The proof can be provided by means of common test results (e.g. TOEFL test). The language level must also be proven if the Bachelor's degree was completed in English.
Native speakers of English are excepted. You can enclose an informal document with a copy of your identity card that proves your native language.
Basic knowledge of methods and statistics is highly recommended. Proof of this can be provided, for example, by supporting evidence of credit points earned in university courses (please enclose corresponding module descriptions) or by compiling empirical (final) papers. To get an idea about your knowledge you can use our "Test Yourself".