As part of the inter-faculty key qualifications, we supervise the module „Methods of Qualitative Empirical Social Research“ (05-SQM-48). In the following you will find all important information about this module. If you have any further questions, we will be happy to offer you our support.
- get to know the relevant methodological basics of qualitative empirical social research.
- acquire competences to critically assess scientific research results from qualitative social research.
- get to know qualitative procedures and their evaluation methods, this concerns in particular interview techniques, observation methods, document analyses.
- acquire and deepen the methodological foundations of qualitative empirical social research or qualitative empirical school and teaching research as well as the evaluation of schools and teaching.
- are instructed to test these in their own project implementations.
- deal with procedures of internal and external evaluation of institutions.
- understand processes of school development of school and non-school institutions.
- know the procedures of school inspection and school evaluation.
The module introduces the methodology, methods and research programmes as well as the basic techniques of evaluation of qualitative empirical social research. In the profile area, internal and external school evaluation procedures of action research are also taught. The students learn about the research ethics that they must observe during data collection and data evaluation and its presentation.
- Lecture „Introduction to the Methods of Qualitative Empirical Social Research“ (2 SWS) = 30 h attendance time and 30 h self-study = 60 h
- Seminar „Introduction to the Methods of Qualitative Empirical Social Research“ (2 SWS) = 30 h h attendance time and 150 h self-study = 180 h
- Tutorial „Introduction to the Methods of Qualitative Empirical Social Research“ (2 SWS) = 30 h attendance time and 30 h self-study = 60 h